Friday, April 13, 2012

@Kalasol Interview


Kalasol Interview: Kalasol aka Kareem Abdul Got Barz, aka Rev. Al Shark Tongue aka Ay Pappi hails from the forgotten Nor Cal (West Coast-Bay Area) (WWW.KALASOLMUSIC.COM) Kalasol's rugged styles is drenched with urban vernacular that beats eardrums over a variety of instrumentals. His music resume' speaks for itself collaborating with bay area legends from San Quinn to new production on his upcoming single from EA-SKI. Kalasol has dropped 2 Mixxtapes "Boss of The Bay" & "The 11th Commandment- thou shall not hate on Kalasol" which features his verbal tenacity on songs like "Let's Go" , "Cash Burn Up" & "Please Enjoy The Music" (Prod. by Rad) these tracks take listners into Kalasol's world , where turning up your hustle is part of the ambition needed for success. We caught up with Kalasol via a phone interview while ramping up for his 4th Qtr press releases. Question#1 - Who would you say influences your music the most- Kalasol- I couldn't point to one person, one artist ....but good music in general motivates me, I'm a fan of hip hop first and foremost all kinds! I take a lot of pop culture shit and blend it with my daily thoughts to make music. I get motivated by the idea of taking the most basic issues and showing how complex they can be when you really think about them. It's my goal to not sound hella regional on every song but still respect the west coast soil I'm from, I've been influenced by rap in general , r&b in general , jazz in general ..good art period. Question#2 - Your Most Recent Mixxtape featured other Artist like San Quinn, Mistah Fab and a host of R&B singers how do you come up with the concepts for your collabs? Kalasol- I don't just emcee I write songs also, do spoken word ...I used to even make beats along time ago, so when I hear a track I try to approach it with a new ear, not just what I want to hear but what makes the most sense. I let the music speak to me, I might write an entire r & b song to the track and then my ego says ok put a verse on that shit too ....or I might hear a artist I respect on the song before I even lay my verse, I might think oh so and so would sound good on this also and then I make the call , I like making music that will stand the test of time , fans can listen to music years later and still be like yeah that's my one. Question #3 Would you say you have a specefic style? Kalasol- No , I can adapt to any kind of music, fast ..slow, hyphe ..techno whatever just give me 16 bars or more and a few seconds to vibe or get my thoughts together, my mixxtape was just gassin..going in lyrically but my upcoming album is going to touch on various topics , more story telling it's not just going to be a compile of singles ...it's gonna be a full album which will provoke thought -i've always addressed social & economical issues in the past but have strayed from that recently I went on a mission to prove my lryical stamania versus all these dumb down rappers but I'm going a little more back to my roots now my orgins , my older fans base will appreciate it Ok I know you have to get to a studio session let me just ask a few more questions- Kalasol-it's good don't trip I'm playing 2k right now anyway ,i'm giving kats the business with d wade and bron..you gotta know how to hook up the chemistry, actually it's just like music & building and then rebuilding my career, I let so many people fumble my business trying to focus on being the best emcee but really you gotta juggle so many hats sorta like bron he was balling focused on that... but it's a business also so he had to become just as good of a business man as he was a player , I'm trying to become just as good of a business man as I am a rapper and writer...I'm loyal all day but it's a 2 way street I gotta be around people who want to WIN period, a team who is willing to leave it all on the floor at the end of the day...Kalasol's ORG is about that, I hooked up with my folks Diesel and he works wit the TASF (Tupac Amur Shakur Foundation tasf.org) they are building schools and helping reach Pac's legacy beyond music... Pac's mother is involved,I was excitied to do work with D , because he was already giving portions of his sales to the school and I wanted to do the same ...because if I can build a legacy outside of music of also community activisim that's would be huge! I'm no saint...but i pray my good deeds outweigh my bad so yeah Im going to make songs you can roll up dat kush too, run up too all that but I also want to make music that will give back and make people become better people , I have to try and keep that in mind balance my music like I balance my life...so for every Toss it up like song I got........ in memory of the OG's imma make a keep ya head up type fkow also because my mind goes in a lot of places and when you buy my music your trapped in my mind for the duration of the album (laugh) Any Shoutouts-? Gotta shout out RAD productions he keeps my with fire music to create too , Ocho E squad Diesel , Middl, Nu Dynasty The Org, Mythblaizer, Dj Uppercutz , ChrisMixx to many to mention really Oh ClintCollins,YaboiMOe ,BuddahAve I'm out here networking Salute to the Legend EA-Ski for blessing me with the No Dress Code Track New Single I'm dropping this Summer and Thank you to everyone who supports KALASOLMUSIC.COM and downloads ,re-post,re-tweets and responds to me when I call (laugh) I'm making a way one verse at a time Checkout Kalasol and his entire circle at WWW.KALASOLMUSIC.COM we will all be on the lookout for that new music and try and catch you online running with the heat! WWW.KALASOLMUSIC.COM DOWNLOAD NEW MUSIC & VIDEOS TODAY WE THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT! @KALASOL ON TWITTER WWW.KALASOLMUSIC.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment